Saturday, February 2, 2013

February Study - Cezanne's Basket of Apples

La corbeille de pommes - 1890-1894
Oil on Canvas, 60 x 80 cm
Chicago Art Institute

Who can be surprised?  Cezanne is one of my favorite painters so I chose it as the first "study" for this blog!

You have all of February to complete a copy of this painting.  Have fun with the challenge and when you're ready, email a photo of your painting to me at kdmpainting@att.net and I will post it below with the details and a link to your blog or website (include your name, size, medium, and link in your email).

Submissions:


"The Basket of Apples (after Cezanne)" by Azra Iqbal
Oil on 6"x 8.5" Daler Rowney oil paper 

"The Basket of Apples (after Cezanne)" by Karen d'Angeac Mihm
Oil on 16x20 Wrap Canvas
http://www.dangeacpaintings.blogspot.com/


"Cezanne's Plate of Apples" copy for study purposes by Rochelle Cathey
7.25 x 8 inches, watercolor on 140CP
"Art By Rochelle" at www.igloo2568.bolgspot.com

"The Basket of Apples (after Cezanne)" by Darla McDowell
 http://darlamcdowell.blogspot.com


3 comments:

  1. this is so very lovely. I would like to participate in painting from Cezanne. I have a book with a great picture of The Plate of Apples...if it's ok I'd like to make this small substitution ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Rochelle, I will add you to the member list and I like the picture of the plate of apples, very similar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Rochelle ,instantly recognizable as a Cezanne and in a much harder medium! Well done !

    ReplyDelete